Blog Archive

Friday, February 19, 2010

Home is Wherever I'm With You {Southwest Trip 2010} Part III

Below are some shots of the San Fran Peak. You can see this peak from the Canyon...absolutely fascinating. We came to a screeching halt on the way back from the Canyon because there was a clearing in the pines and we could get this spectacular view. These photographs are sort of generic, I know but it's about the experience that's linked to them that makes them special to me. It was a beautiful day, lots of people where skiing; of course we were soaking all the views in and taking lots of "picture pit-stops". My favorite kind of day!

The next day (after yet another grand-slam breakfast at Denny's) we headed SOUTH! Going south from Flagstaff to Phoenix is quite the experience. If you ever get the chance to take the 2 hr. drive, I highly suggest filling up your tank, checking you breaks and enjoying the ride down. You go from 7,000 feet above sea level, to 1,117 feet in central AZ. Below are some shots of Sedona, AZ coming down the mountains. It was a BLAH overcast day, so maybe next time we'll spend some more time there hiking and photographing.

Here are a few clips on our way to Sedona. (I apologize, in advance for the poor quality; good thing I didn't decide to become a videographer...hehe)



We got to WARM Phoenix in the nick of time! The mountains were calling for feet of snow. We stayed with my ever so generous Aunt Anne and Uncle Dave. We are so thankful to have had the time with them. We spent a few days there enjoying the beautiful Salt River Valley or "Valley of the Sun", 60 degree weather, good wine and food.
"Hole in the Rock" natural geological formation in Papago Park (above)
I Spy a Hummingbird (above)

No comments:

Search This Blog